Intern Title: Y’s Buys Preparation and Operation Intern
Reports to: YWCA Office Manager
Hours: 5 – 15 hours/week
Summary: The Y’s Buys Preparation and Operation Intern will be responsible for preparing Y’s Buys thrift store for its grand opening in January 2021. These responsibilities include overseeing operations to organize and clean the store, going through current inventory, and coordinating volunteers to help with these tasks.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Sort through current inventory of clothing, jewelry, and household wares, keeping what is sellable and donating/discarding unsellable or broken items
- Reorganize thrift store space, including moving clothing racks, display cases, etc.to create a clear, navigable thrift store atmosphere
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers to help with above work
- Collaborate with and take direction from YWCA staff in preparing all aspects for the Y’s Buys grand opening
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong organizational ability, ability to work independently, ability to take direction from supervisor(s)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding YWCA clients
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Ability to work well with and direct others, such as volunteers, when necessary
- Professional presentation in both in-person communication and electronic mediums
- Need to be able to ascend and descend flights of stairs
- Lift and carry up to 25 lbs. of clothing/accessories/shoes/etc.
- Push, pull, and move thrift store furniture (clothing racks, display tables, jewelry cases, etc.)
- Access to reliable transportation preferred but not necessary
- Experience in business/retail preferred but not necessary
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org