If you are interested in applying for this internship, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Intern Title: Y’s Buys Online Sales Intern
Reports to: Y’s Buys Store Manager / YWCA Office Manager
Hours: 5 – 15 hours/week
Summary: Y’s Buys Thrift Boutique is a new second-hand shop located in downtown Bellingham (1224 N. State St.) that is set to open March 12, 2021. It is owned by YWCA Bellingham, a local nonprofit that offers safe shelter and case management to over 40 women experiencing homelessness. Money earned by Y’s Buys Thrift Boutique will help support YWCA Bellingham’s housing programs. The Y’s Buys Online Sales Intern will help the Boutique reach sales goals by selling items online.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Sort through current and donated inventory of clothing, jewelry, and household wares, picking out what is sellable online
- Take appealing photos of the items and post them on ecommerce platforms, such as: eBay, Poshmark, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, OfferUp, etc.
- This will require creating accounts for Y’s Buys Thrift Boutique on these platforms
- Keep track of sales and prepare items for shipping or coordinate pick-up by purchasers
- Collaborate with and take direction from Y’s Buys Store Manager
- Follow COVID-19 precautions, including wearing a face mask and maintaining 6 feet of social distance from others
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong organizational ability, ability to work independently, ability to take direction from supervisor(s)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Ability to work well with and direct others, such as volunteers, when necessary
- Professional presentation in both in-person communication and electronic mediums
- Need to be able to ascend and descend flights of stairs
- Lift and carry up to 40 lbs. of clothing/accessories/shoes
- Push, pull, and move thrift store furniture (clothing racks, display tables, jewelry cases, etc.)
- Access to reliable transportation preferred
- Experience in business/retail preferred but not necessary