We at YWCA Bellingham are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors. In response to the outbreak of COVID-19 in our community, we are following the recommendations put in place by the Whatcom County Health Department and CDC.
- We have increased our cleaning and disinfecting – especially that of frequently touched surfaces and common spaces – in our building to everyday, multiple times a day.
- We are providing our staff and residents with face masks and gloves. We are offering both disposable and reusable face masks, as well as face shields and latex gloves.
- We are closely monitoring our residents and staff for any signs of COVID-19 related symptoms. Should residents exhibit any symptoms, we have plans in place for quarantining them and getting them connected with medical care. Should staff exhibit any symptoms, we will self-quarantine and seek out medical care.
- Should further restrictions be put in place by our government regarding closing our doors, our staff will continue to work remotely to the best of our abilities. Additionally, we have provided our residents with security phone numbers to some of our staff members, which they can use in case of after hours emergencies, or in the case staff cannot come to work and they need to contact us for any reason.
Due to the current restrictions on gatherings, we are not booking Ballroom rentals at this time.
How YOU Can Help
It is important to remember that safety is an absolute concern at this time as we experience an unprecedented event in our nation and around the world. YWCA Bellingham is working to meet the need as a Frontline Essential Housing Program Provider. We have provided a few suggestions as to how you can help in the fight to beat COVID-19:
- Make a monetary donation to YWCA Bellingham. The YWCA Bellingham is experiencing many additional expenses associated with the COVID-19 Pandemic. At this time, a monetary donation would assist in bridging the gap in funding food, staff hours, protective equipment to keep our clients and staff safe, additional cleaning supplies, and many other expenses as we are a Frontline Housing Service Provider. Your dollars are helping to save lives.
- Offer help to those who cannot leave their home. This includes those self-isolating or quarantining due to age or compromised immune systems, and other vulnerable populations. It is especially dangerous for these groups to be exposed to COVID-19, which means they may need help doing their daily tasks like grocery shopping, picking up a prescription, etc.
- Educate yourself on the facts. News and media outlets may not fact check their stories before publishing them. Turn to the CDC or Whatcom County Health Department for the most factual and up-to-date information.
If you have any questions regarding YWCA Bellingham’s response to COVID-19, please feel free to reach out to our office:
- Phone: (360) 734-4820
- Email: Davilynn.email@example.com